Sweet Chili Sauce



Why would you do your own sweet chili sauce?

  • because you have plenty of chilies in your garden or...
  • you have read the ingredients on the sweet chili sauce bottle you bought at the supermarket
Okay, I got lots of chilies but I also did read the ingredients on the bottle because I wanted to find out what could I use and I didn't understand why they had to add colors and flavors. Chili got enough flavor I would say. I also didn't like the preservatives  in the supermarket bottle so here we go! This is my chili sauce I do. 

Simple Recipe How Yo Make Sweet Chili Sauce
  • 300-400g chilies
  • 6-8 cloves garlic
  • some ginger and or turmeric
  • 2 cups of white vinegar 
  • 2 cups of raw sugar
  • dash of salt
Combine the chili, garlic and ginger/turmeric in a food processor.
Dissolve the sugar in vinegar on small heat, add crashed chili mix and simmer for about 20-30 minutes. Stir in between. You know that your sauce is ready when you see that it doesn't run away when you put a small amount of it on a cold plate.
Fill in prepared glasses, close tightly and leave to cool. You can keep it u to 6 months in you pantry.

Where you can use the sweet chili sauce:
  • to marinate meat
  • add to a mayonnaise and enjoy with chips or other snacks
  • put few drops on your sandwich to add flavor and a bit of heat
  • add to your every day meal
  • add to any stir fried food, noodles and rice dishes
  • did I forget anything? ;)

Tipps:
  • 1 cup is 250ml
  • Preparing glasses: I wash them with a dish washing detergent and warm water. Then, I rinse the glasses and lids with a fresh cooked hot water and dry the glasses on a clean towel. 
 Here the video how I do it :)



No comments:

Post a Comment