Pawziki - Tzatziki Substitute

We usually eat the BBQ lamb chops with tzatziki. I didn't have any cucumbers at home that day but I did have a pawpaw and so the pawziki was born :) I can tell you, we loved it and if you ask me, this is our new favorite sauce for serving with lamb, steak or burgers.


Pawziki - Tzatiki Substitute

  • Pawpaw green or greenish, not ripe
  • salt
  • garlic
  • Greek yogurt
Grade the pawpaw, add salt, combine and leave in a fridge for about 1 hour.
Add yogurt and combine. Enjoy with your bbq lamb chops, steak or hamburgers!

Tips & Hints: You can see on the photos that my pawpaw was pink. This one was still firm and not sweet and it was the ONLY one I had that day so it was fine but I will try to do the pawziki with a green pawpaw when I have one next time.









No comments:

Post a Comment